All mini hoops are members of our fundraising team. These beauties are aren't made in Ethiopia yet, just ordered through traditional wholesale methods. While our partners aren't currently able to make products like these, sales from these items help fund our ability to introduce new products and production methods.
- Made of infinitely recyclable solid brass
- Lightweight feel, easy clasp, and small star charms
- Best stored away from humidity and polished with Brasso, steel wool, a lemon juice scrub, or warm water and soap
The fashion industry employed over 40 million women, only 2% of which earn a living wage. This allows fashion brands to churn out continual new trends for consumers while makers face a continued cycle of poverty.
Instead, we partner with female entrepreneurs who started their manufacturing businesses to create jobs for local women with living wages. Our collaborations create work for women rising above the poverty line and changing the cycle of generational poverty for their families.
In addition to social good, brass is infinitely recyclable making it a perfect material as we begin to incorporate more sustainable business practices.
What makes it ethical
- Safe work environments for women free of abuse and known environmental hazards
- Living wages that allow women to afford food, education, clothes, and housing for themselves and their families
- Employers who view job creation as part of their mission rather than a cost to control
- No forced labor
- Dignity and respect for artisans by both their Ethiopian employers and by us as an American brand looking to highlight their dignity, strength, and resiliency