A modern twist on a classic bento style bag, this all purpose bag can be used as a clutch, makeup bag, or to hold just about anything. The half leather and half cotton design leaves surprisingly ample room to pack your belongings inside.
- LWH 14"x5.5"x17" (untied, height is ~10" when knotted)
- Featuring a thick, black cotton lining
- Handcrafted by artisans in Ethiopia
- Made to last with reinforced seams and high quality leather
- As needed, clean with a clean, wet rag and saddle soap to lift stains and use leather conditioner as needed to restore your leather to mint condition. Always test on a small patch before cleaning your entire bag.
Who made it?
These wallets were made by our friends at Sabegn in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Known for being one of Able's leather good manufacturers, the staff at Sabegn seeks to cultivate the local creative network while providing a safe environment for women to create leather goods and learn additional skills.
One of my favorite aspects about Sabegn, is that they create beautiful leather goods in a space that was formerly used as an informal brothel. Their business is an example of how spaces and cities can be transformed when safe spaces are created where women are free from exploitation, are valued and earn fair wages.